Date(s) - Wed 09/17/2014
9:00 am - 2:00 pm
San Jose State University
Biotechnology/Chemical/Pharmaceutical Customer Partnership
The United States Patent and Trademark Office
The First Bicoastal Biotechnology,
Chemical and Pharmaceutical (BCBCP)
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
9:00am to 2:00pm (PDT)
12:00pm to 5:00pm (EDT)
We are pleased to announce the USPTO’s first Bicoastal Biotechnology, Chemical and Pharmaceutical Customer Partnership (BCBCP) Meeting. This inaugural BCBCP expands our long-standing partnership in this industry sector to customers across the country. The next BCBCP Meeting will be held on September 17th and will be simultaneously available at locations on both the EAST (Alexandria, VA) and West (San Jose, CA) coasts. During the BCBCP, participants will be able to interact with Office personnel in person on both coasts, or alternatively, via webcast. Please see below for registration information on how you can participate.
Date and Location: The Partnership Meeting will be held on September 17th from 12:00pm – 5:00pm on the east coast and, at the same time, from 9:00am – 2:00pm on the west coast.
East Coast Location:
West Coast Location:
San Jose State University
The Biotechnology, and Chemical and Pharmaceutical Customer Partnership was developed to create a collaborative forum for USPTO customers in this industry sector to share ideas, experiences, and insights with USPTO staff. The BCBCP is intended to be informal in nature and will include participants from across the industry.
Some of the topics to be discussed by USPTO staff and industry customers will include:
- Markush claim practice
- Patent application filing best practices
- RCE practice
- Overview of patent application initiatives
- Panel discussion on U.S. Supreme Court decisions
(e.g. Alice Corp., v. Cls Bank International. 134 S. Ct. 1537 (Supreme Court March 21, 2014); and Association for Molecular Pathology v. Myriad Genetics, Inc., 133 S. Ct. 2107, 186 L.Ed. 2d 124 (2013))
Please check back and click here to view the final BCBCP Agenda once posted. The USPTO looks forward to hearing the individual views from its customers and does not intend to use this forum to seek or arrive at any consensus. This customer partnership is formed with full recognition of the USPTO’s responsibility under the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA), and accordingly, is not established as FACA compliant committee.
Please email USPTOBCP1600@USPTO.GOV to register by September, 12th. Please include “BCP Registration” in the email subject line. In the email body, please include the following information:
- Your name, title and organization
- Contact information (e-mail, phone, etc.)
- Your attending location (Alexandria, San Jose, or online).
Directions and Parking information
East Coast Location: USPTO Headquarters, Alexandria, Virginia
- Directions: http://www.uspto.gov/about/contacts/locations/directions.jsp
- Campus map: http://www.uspto.gov/about/locations/alexandriaoffice.jsp
- Parking options: http://www.uspto.gov/about/contacts/locations/directions.jsp#heading-6
West Coast location: San Jose University College of Engineering, San Jose, California
- Directions: http://www.sjsu.edu/map/directions/
- Campus map: http://www.sjsu.edu/map/docs/SJSU_campus_map.pdf (B3-Engineering Building)
- Parking Options:
- On campus parking: http://www.sjsu.edu/parking/maps/garages/index.html
- Campus map with parking garages: http://www.sjsu.edu/map/
- Off campus parking garages: (Closest: Fourth Street Garage at San Fernando): http://sjdowntownparking.com/parking-map
For information on past and future meetings and presentations, please go to http://www.aipla.org/committees/committee_pages/Biotechnology/usptobcp/default.aspx and http://www.uspto.gov/patents/init_events/bcp/index.jsp