Date(s) - Tue 02/09/2016
Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows
The 2016 USC Gould School of Law Intellectual Property Institute will be on February 9, 2016 at the Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows in Santa Monica, California.
Register now for this must-see conference featuring discussions on leading copyright, patent, trademark, trade dress and related issues with eight Federal judges, the General Counsel and Associate Register of Copyrights, six leading academics, eleven in house counsel and dozens of distinguished experts.
Hear Chief Circuit Judge Sharon Prost (Fed. Cir.) be interviewed by former Assistant to the Solicitor General Carter Phillips (Sidley Austin) at lunch.
Don’t miss special plenary sessions on Judicial Perspectives on the New World of Intellectual Property (with Judges Lynn, Prost and Stark), Fair Use (with Judges Kozinski and Leval and Professor Nimmer) and the Institute’s popular IP Year in Review (with Professors Farley, Lemley and Menell), designed to catch you up on what you need to know.
Other topics include:
- Music Copyright Wars: From Marvin Gaye to Taylor Swift and Everything In Between
- Video Programming Distribution in the Era of Disruptive Technology
- Trademark and Trade Dress Challenges in Protecting Hard-to-Protect Designs
- New Trends and Developments in Trademark Asset Management, Including Strategies for Protection of Non-Traditional Marks
- Emerging Trends in Patent Litigation (with Judges Guilford and O’Connell)
- The Role and Effectiveness of Big Data in Patent Disputes
Click here to see the full lineup of speakers and topics.
The Institute also features five networking breaks, including a hosted cocktail reception, as well as the Third Annual Women in IP networking breakfast session. 7.5 hours of MCLE credit and 7 hours of CPE credit are available for those attending the Intellectual Property Institute.
If you have questions for the judges, email them to email@example.com and we will share them with the judges prior to the Institute.
For more information, visit the USC IP Institute website at http://law.usc.edu/cle/ip, call (213) 821-3580, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.