Date(s) - 05/18/2017
8:00 am - 5:45 pm
Golden Gate Club at the Presidio
IAM will be presenting its inaugural IP Software Summit on May 18, 2017 in San Francisco, CA.
Designed for senior e working at companies in the software and high-tech industries, as well as their IP advisers, this ground-breaking event will provide a platform to discuss a range of cutting-edge IP issues, including open innovation, open source and proprietary systems, collaboration, the scope of patent protection, and monetization.
As a Supporting Organization, SFIPLA can offer its members an exclusive discount – please use our code SFIPLA17 to get 20% off when booking online.
Key themes of the event:
- Finding common ground between the open source and proprietary communities
- Managing a mixed open source and proprietary suite of products
- Software patent eligibility in the United States and other jurisdictions
- Using trade secrets, copyrights, and trademarks to protect software products
- The challenges and opportunities that technology convergence brings for software companies
- Jimmy Ahlberg, defensive IP strategist IP rights and licensing, Ericsson
- Scott Asmus, chief IP counsel, BAE Systems
- Keith Bergelt, CEO, Open Invention Network
- Sri Divakaruni, senior director, innovation business development, United Technologies Corporation
- Anubhav Kapoor, general counsel, Tata Technologies Limited
- John LaBarre, head of patent transactions, Google
- Christian Platzer, director, European Patent Office
- Puneet Sarna, senior patent counsel, LinkedIn
And more! See the full list here.
Established software businesses executives and ground-breaking start-ups alike—from both the proprietary and open source sectors of the software industry—will be joining us at the first-ever IP Software Summit. Can you afford to miss out?
Register now online using code SFIPLA17 and receive 20% off!